Good News – Effective today, March 31st, WA State significantly increased the COVID Vaccine eligibility.
Details are at: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/vaccine
A link to find locations where you can get vaccines and check appointment availability is at: https://vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov/
Please note that many employees under 60 years old will qualify for vaccine based on the “High-risk critical workers” exception listed below. Among many other job types, this includes manufacturing and construction workers who work in an enclosed space and cannot maintain physical distance.
Please note that the eligibility is based on the “honor” system. Those administering the vaccine generally do not check employment details to verify eligibility.
The following summary is from the WA DOH Website linked above:
We are currently in Phase 1B tiers 3 and 4 of vaccine distribution
- People 16 years or older with 2 or more co-morbidities or underlying conditions
- All people 60 years and older
- People, staff, and volunteers in certain congregate living settings: correctional facilities; group homes for people with disabilities; settings where people experiencing homelessness live or access services
- High-risk critical workers* in certain congregate settings: agriculture, fishing vessel crews, food processing, grocery store/food bank, corrections (prisons, jails, detention centers), court of law, public transit, remaining first responders, restaurants, food services, construction, and manufacturing
- People 16 years or older who are pregnant or have a disability that puts them at high risk for severe COVID-19 illness
- All people 50 and older who live in a multigenerational household
- All workers in health care settings
- Educators and school staff for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade and child care workers
- People who live or work in long-term care facilities
*Work in an enclosed space around