On June 14 starting at 2 p.m., Benefits Consultant Dave G. Maddock with Maddock & Associates will be a panelist in an upcoming Twitter chat aimed at educating recent young college graduates about their health insurance needs.
The Twitter chat will feature a panel of health insurance experts who will answer questions on @waplanfinder that come in over Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #GetCoveredGrads. The expert panel will discuss the types of plans available to grads and how to get help if they can’t afford coverage.
What Is the Purpose of the Twitter Chat?
The Twitter chat will be hosted by Washington Healthplanfinder (the Washington State health insurance exchange) and the Young Invincibles, a national nonprofit organization whose goal is to give young adults a bigger voice in major national issues, including the healthcare reform debate.
The chat is designed to answer health coverage questions posed by college students, who must enroll in a health insurance plan within 60 days of losing their student health plan. College students who do not enroll within that 60-day special enrollment period will not be able to enroll in a health plan until the next open enrollment period in November for coverage beginning in 2015.
- Dustin Arnette, Policy Analyst, Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Christina Postolowski, Health Policy Expert, Young Invincibles
- Rebecca Bullock, Director of Risk Financing and Student Health Plan Expert, University of Washington.
- Dave Maddock, Immediate Past President of Washington Association of Health Underwriters
On Wednesday, March 26, Benefits Consultant Dave Maddock of Maddock & Associates will be delivering a presentation titled “The Affordable Care Act and Health Care Reform — What You Need to Know.” The presentation will take place at the Tacoma Country and Golf Club in Lakewood, Wash., and will explore the following PPACA issues that are highly relevant to employers and employees:
- Pay or Play – Learn how penalties are calculated and key information that will help you decide whether or not your firm should offer benefits or pay the penalty.
- Learn how to make sure your plan meets the minimum actuarial values and is compliant.
- Insurance Exchanges – Learn how both the individual and small group insurance exchanges (SHOP) work.
- SHOP Exchanges – Learn why you may or may not want to use these exchanges.
Maddock will also discuss Individual Exchanges, including who will qualify for subsidies and what those subsidies are.
The presentation will dive into how it all fits together and answer the following questions:
- Can offering a group plan actually hurt your employees?
- What are the rules around employers helping employees access subsidies through the exchange?
- When it comes to Association Health Plans, which plans qualify and which ones won’t?
This event has been organized by BOMA South Puget Sound, a local chapter of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International. If you have questions about this event you can contact the Association Office Toll Free 1 (877) 460-5880 or email BOMASPS@AMInc.org.
$25 – BOMA SPS Members
$45 – Allied Waiting List & Repeat Proprietary Guests
$65 – Non-Wait List Allied Guests, Subject to Limitation
11:00 AM – Networking & Registration
11:25 AM – Lunch Served
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Program Presentation
You can register for this event by clicking here.
Come meet the Maddock and Associates team at these upcoming tradeshows and speaking engagements!
2013 impressLOCAL Business Expo
impressLOCAL/Tacoma News Tribune Business Expo, Sept. 25th, 2013
Northwest Human Resources Managers Association
Northwest Human Resources Managers Association 75th anniversary (NHRMA), October 9th, 10th, and 11th.
Contact us for more information at 1-800-875-4490