On June 14 starting at 2 p.m., Benefits Consultant Dave G. Maddock with Maddock & Associates will be a panelist in an upcoming Twitter chat aimed at educating recent young college graduates about their health insurance needs.
The Twitter chat will feature a panel of health insurance experts who will answer questions on @waplanfinder that come in over Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #GetCoveredGrads. The expert panel will discuss the types of plans available to grads and how to get help if they can’t afford coverage.
What Is the Purpose of the Twitter Chat?
The Twitter chat will be hosted by Washington Healthplanfinder (the Washington State health insurance exchange) and the Young Invincibles, a national nonprofit organization whose goal is to give young adults a bigger voice in major national issues, including the healthcare reform debate.
The chat is designed to answer health coverage questions posed by college students, who must enroll in a health insurance plan within 60 days of losing their student health plan. College students who do not enroll within that 60-day special enrollment period will not be able to enroll in a health plan until the next open enrollment period in November for coverage beginning in 2015.
- Dustin Arnette, Policy Analyst, Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- Christina Postolowski, Health Policy Expert, Young Invincibles
- Rebecca Bullock, Director of Risk Financing and Student Health Plan Expert, University of Washington.
- Dave Maddock, Immediate Past President of Washington Association of Health Underwriters
On Wednesday, March 26, Benefits Consultant Dave Maddock of Maddock & Associates will be delivering a presentation titled “The Affordable Care Act and Health Care Reform — What You Need to Know.” The presentation will take place at the Tacoma Country and Golf Club in Lakewood, Wash., and will explore the following PPACA issues that are highly relevant to employers and employees:
- Pay or Play – Learn how penalties are calculated and key information that will help you decide whether or not your firm should offer benefits or pay the penalty.
- Learn how to make sure your plan meets the minimum actuarial values and is compliant.
- Insurance Exchanges – Learn how both the individual and small group insurance exchanges (SHOP) work.
- SHOP Exchanges – Learn why you may or may not want to use these exchanges.
Maddock will also discuss Individual Exchanges, including who will qualify for subsidies and what those subsidies are.
The presentation will dive into how it all fits together and answer the following questions:
- Can offering a group plan actually hurt your employees?
- What are the rules around employers helping employees access subsidies through the exchange?
- When it comes to Association Health Plans, which plans qualify and which ones won’t?
This event has been organized by BOMA South Puget Sound, a local chapter of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International. If you have questions about this event you can contact the Association Office Toll Free 1 (877) 460-5880 or email BOMASPS@AMInc.org.
$25 – BOMA SPS Members
$45 – Allied Waiting List & Repeat Proprietary Guests
$65 – Non-Wait List Allied Guests, Subject to Limitation
11:00 AM – Networking & Registration
11:25 AM – Lunch Served
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Program Presentation
You can register for this event by clicking here.
Maddock & Associates Benefits Consultant Dave G. Maddock, RHU, was quoted extensively in a Business Examiner article that explored how group insurance brokers throughout the Puget Sound region were handling the rollout of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Take a look at how Maddock and other brokers in the area are navigating the many legislative changes taking place within the ACA as well as the logistical ACA challenges here: http://www.businessexaminer.com/February-2014/ACA-frustrations-persist-for-brokers/
Did you miss out on the recent BBB webinar led by benefits consultant Dave Maddock? The webinar is filled with great information for small businesses pertaining to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). You can access the full presentation titled “Health Insurance Reform – What You Need to Know to Survive and Succeed” below!
Maddock and Associates invites you to attend a Better Business Bureau (BBB) webinar titled “Health Insurance Reform — What You Need to Know to Survive and Succeed” presented by Dave Maddock on November 5, 2013, at 11 a.m.
Click here to register today: attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1009787434572242177
So you think you’re ready for 2014 and full implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act? This presentation will dive into frequently-asked PPACA issues, including:
• Pay or Play: Should my company offer benefits or pay the penalty? How are penalties calculated?
• Does our current plan meet the minimum compliance requirements?
• Insurance Exchanges: How does the individual insurance exchange work? How does the small group insurance exchange (SHOP) work?
To find out more information about BBB webinars or propose a presentation topic, visit akorww.bbb.org/webinar.
Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.